[cisco-voip] TCLv2, Stream Association Failed: Requested codec=0x5=g711ulaw problem

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Fri Apr 18 03:43:50 EDT 2008

Humayun Sami/MS IPCC/Dhaka wrote:

> That’s why I mentioned you to check the configuration for g711, might
> be the reason not sure that your IOS is not supporting g711. As the
> logs tell it is trying to reach the g711 but cannot be found.
>

> Or by some other reason the code OxFFFFFFFF mentioned means that it is
> exceeding the value of TTL, when a client system sends a Dynamic
> Update packet with a Time-to-Live (TTL) value of (0xFFFFFFFF), DNS
> considers this value a special value and uses default-zone TTL values
> for this update request.

Finally IOS was changed to following:

Cisco IOS Software, 5350 Software (C5350-IS-M), Version 12.4(19.8)T,
INTERIM SOFTWARE
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 03-Mar-08 03:20 by prod_rel_team

Unfortunately this software is not official and not listed on Cisco's
web site :(
Original IOS didn't work and I don't understand why Cisco don't mention
about this problem on their web site.

Now TCLv2.0 IVR app_debitcard.tcl script works fine with new IOS, no
more codec errors.
But still I have to customize the script to make it work.
For instance:

When IOS is trying to execute "media play leg_incoming _you_have.au
%a$amt %s1000 _enter_dest.au" command
it tries to fetch en%s1000 file instead of converting it to appropriate
au files.

Following is the log on tftp server:
Apr 18 10:59:10 billing tftpd[91202]: x.x.x.x: read request for
prompts/en/en%s1000: File not found

I will probably just remove %s1000 and continue testing.

thanks,

Ganbold

--
Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the