[cisco-voip] Hook switch repair:

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 16:37:06 EDT 2008

Mike

first, remember to start your own thread to get faster responses.
second, I have salvaged a few donzen phones in my day.  Disassembly is
pretty straight forward, there is a screw under the "rubber foot" once that
is gone the others are easy to see.

I have actually changed hookswitches from 7940's and used tehm in 7960's.
At the very worst if you have multiple phones that are bad for different
reasons, (busted displays bad ethernet ports) you can use them for parts and
get a few salvageable phones out of the deal.

I had 15 busted phones in the IT cage a few weeks ago and within a few hours
had 10 working phones and extra parts in a parts box when I was done...

I recommend taking a phone apart and getting used to how they assemble on
that one phone, if you can figure that out, it is pretty easy to replace teh
hook switches.

Kevin