[cisco-voip] MWIs even though no new mail

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Mon Apr 21 14:31:41 EDT 2008

For the original poster's problem, you should narrow the problem to
Unity or Callmanager. Load up the user in question in SA Web and go to
their messages tab, does that show the 'correct' status there? If it
does, the problem is in Callmanager (either Unity can't dial that user's
MWI to change it, or something/someone else is toggling the MWI). If
Unity has the incorrect status, it's probably not getting message
updates from your Exchange server.

For the AvWm errors, that definitely sounds like your exchange server is
ticked off (or, at least, the network between the two). MWI is
definitely going to be troublesome in this environment, as Unity will
attempt to resync all users each time it detects exchange is back on
line. If that happens every 15 seconds, there's no way that's going to
finish, so Unity will never have time to update everyone's MWI.