[cisco-voip] LLDP

Adam cisco at adman.net
Mon Apr 21 23:02:51 EDT 2008

Thanks... I actually discovered a document with a few more details this
evening. I found a reference to LLDP in the release notes for the 8.3(3)
phone firmware:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/firmware/8_3_3/english/release/notes/75833.html
Link Layer Discovery Protocol Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED)

Link Layer Discovery Protocol Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED) is a
standardized networking protocol similar to Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP).
Cisco supports LLDP-MED, so customers can use third-party devices and retain
the benefits of CDP functionality.

LLDP-MED supports the following Cisco Unified IP phone models:

•7906G

•7911G

•7931G

•7941G/7941G-GE

•7942G

•7945G

•7961G/7961G-GE

•7962G

•7965G

•7970G/ 7971G-GE

•7975G

LLDP-MED Networking Protocols

The following networking protocols are supported:

•Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)

•Link Layer Discovery Protocol-Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED)

LLDP-MED Network Configuration Options

The following network configuration menu options are supported:

•LLDP: PC Port

•LLDP-MED: SW Port

•LLDP Power Priority

•LLDP Asset ID

LLDP-MED Network Configuration Items

The following network configuration items are supported:

•LLDP: PC Port

•LLDP-MED: SW Port

•LLDP Power Priority

•LLDP Asset ID