[cisco-voip] IP Communicator over wiFi

Paul Lakra plakra at planer.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 07:31:07 EDT 2008

This happens with 2 users. IP Communicator 2.1.3.0 installed on laptop
running Windows XP Pro.

Works fine in the office on a wired LAN
At home on a Buffalo wireless access point (Wireless G - about 4 years
old) behind a Linksys router the IP sits registering for ever. WPA
encryption is used. If a wired ethernet link is made to the router via a
hub the phone immediately registers and works OK.
When connecting to public access points as in hotels everything works
fine.

No adjustments are made to the laptop between any of the above scenarios.

There are no QoS options in the access point.

I think I saw something a while ago about D-Link wireless access points
not working. Is this the same thing?

Paul