[cisco-voip] Inbound Faxes

Jimmy Pale voipjockey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:16:21 EDT 2008

Nick,

This is a limitation of the ATA. You can only do G711 fax passthrough with
an ATA. If you do G729 you will need to use another Cisco device with an FXS
port and use fax relay. Otherwise you will need to setup a device
pool/region in CallManager to force the ATA to use G711 over the WAN and use
fax passthrough.