[cisco-voip] Compatibility issues with the HUAWEI ISDN Switches

wael ahmed el mezain wael733 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:22:07 EDT 2008

Hello All,

Is there any one faced any problems during connecting Cisco E1s (PRIs) to serivce provider (PSTN) using HUAWEI CO.

We did not get any problem if the same service provider connect the our clients PRIs through Siemens or Ericson.

But we have a lot of issues if the SP connect our clients through the Huawei ISDN switches (Like, called side still hear a ringing even after the receiving side refuse the call, client can change the calling number without restriction like I can change my number to 911 (Emerg number) and it will be displayed  as 911 at called party, Call disconnecting, one-way audio and low volume when calling)

We got the below reply from Cisco
For PSTN (CO) connections, we do not specify particular COs, we specify only standards and we pretty much connect to all COs used in the world. Thus either the PRI or the FXO standards in the area should work, and if both the router and the CO comply with these standards, and I'm fairly sure they do, then we can connect.

As for the PBX connectivity we specify only standards and we do not "certify" particular PBXs. However, there is more variance in the standards compliance of PBXs that there is in the PSTN, so we do interoperability testing with high-runner PBXs and publish configuration app notes. These are not certifications, they are just configuration examples.

These app notes you can find at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns728/networking_solutions_program_category_home.html .  We have conducted testing with Siemens, Alcatel, Nortel, Avaya, and Ericson PBXs, but not with Huawei.  If Huewei PBXs comply with the same standards, then there should be no issue.

Any comment from any one

Thanks,
Wael Ahmed