[cisco-voip] CM4.1 Network congestion reroute troubleshooting ?

kevin gannon kevin at gannons.net
Wed Apr 30 15:42:46 EDT 2008

Have a customer who is frequently getting this message on the LCD screen when
placing calls. I know it is a CAC function.

The customer so far has found 30 phones which were in location X
however configured
as being in location Y. So my hunch is/was they are using G711 instead
of G729 over
the WAN and using up the configured location to location bandwidth 3
times quicker.

They fixed 30 phones but I think there is more as they make moves of
staff by just
moving the phone physically.

We are using the CM CAC config not a gatekeeper.

Questions:
1. Anyway to see the number of inter location calls active and there DN's ?
2. Anyway to see which calls are currently making up the
inter-location calculation ?
3. Any other possible reasons to get the "Congestion" messages ?
4. Any other hints most welcome ?

Thanks & Regards
Kevin