[cisco-voip] VWIC-2MFT-G703 vs VWIC-2MFT-E1 (whats the difference!)

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 03:25:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

Are you just looking to terminate a voice PRI?
If so then you dont need a G703 card.

You didnt say what sort of circuit you are trying to terminate, but for ISDN
PRI you probably just need a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

The G703 cards are a bit more flexible as they can also be used to terminate
un-structured E1 services as well...
i.e. configure a channel group, no timeslots.
You can even have an ISDN PRI for voice and a 2Mb unstructured E1 in the
same card which is cool.

Cheers,

Tim.