[cisco-voip] CCIE Voice Lab

Gheorghe PLETEA Gheorghe.PLETEA at team.telstraclear.co.nz
Tue Aug 5 18:12:32 EDT 2008

Proctorlabs is the IPExpert's rack rental; I used it for my Voice lab
(18 months ago) and was OK, I was not very impresed.
Few colleagues of mine, after some research, choose (for R&S)
"Internetwork Expert", and they mentioned this is better; I don't know,
maybe, but, basically all are the same.

ProctorLabs PROs:
 - easy to use, very accesible;
 - longer sesions (at that moment - I don't know how is now);
 - very similar equipment with the exam lab (37xx routers);

ProctorLabs CONs:
 - multiple sessions cannot be concatenated in a single session;
 - in some cases the lab configuration was not "clean";
 - the 6500 HQ switch was shared by multiple racks/users.

Gheo