[cisco-voip] VTvantage issues

Tom Mc tomdmc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:35:53 EDT 2008

Hello all,

We have a client which we have deployed call manager across about 20 sites
at this stage.
They want to use vtvantage for video conferencing.
Within the head office LAN, video works fine. Calls are made between video
enabled phones and vtvantage displays the video instantly.
Between the head office and a remote site, video is not displayed... Until
you click to Softphone in vtvantage and then back to hardphone.
Its odd, after then getting a video call working hardphone to hardphone, if
you hold a call or transfer you loose video. This part is normal I know, but
after resuming the call, you cannot get video back until you click to the
softphone and back again.

Starting the vtvantage software after the call has been established has the
same effect. Likewise if you hold the call, on resumption if you restart the
vtvantage software up pops video.

Like most problems, the ASA firewall at the head office was blamed. It was
thought to be an issue in the signaling.
But it has been tested between two phones at a remote site and it works
fine. (signaling would still be going through the head office ASA to the
call manager).

It has been tested from remote site to remote site also and the problem is
present.

We have tested setting 'location' bandwidth to unlimited and increasing the
'Region' video call bandwidth, but it does not seem to help.

We originally deployed vtvantage ver 2.1.1 and we have downgraded to 2.0.3
which has not helped.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Tom