[cisco-voip] Difference between Unity Connection and Unity

Matthew Saskin matt at saskin.net
Wed Aug 6 13:52:42 EDT 2008

Simple: Unity connection doesn't work with exchange.

Unity is the full-blown application it always has been - runs on
windows, can be used in voicemail only mode or unified messaging.  For
UM, can integrate with both Exchange and/or Notes as a message store.
Supports failover.

Unity Connection is an appliance running on Cisco's IP Telephony
Operating System (just like CallManager 5/6).  Currently there is no
support for unified messaging or failover.

-matt