[cisco-voip] Fractional PRI with "ccm-manager config"

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 14:36:08 EDT 2008

I maybe mistaken but I think that you can only use H.323 with fractional PRI and not MGCP.

"MGCP gateways do not support fractional PRIs, while H.323 does.
If MGCP is statically configured, fractional PRI support can be
accommodated, but is not officially supported. Cisco’s recommended MGCP
gateway deployment configuration uses the automated ccm-manager config
and ccm-manager config server commands covered in a previous blog. When
these automated configuration commands are used, CUCM registers all 24
channels of the PRI with the MGCP call agent. If a fractional PRI of
less than 23 channels is desired, the H.323 protocol is recommended."