[cisco-voip] CM stable @ 6.1.2.1106?

Erik Goppel egoppel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:42:25 EDT 2008

We came from ccm 3.3(5) and did a complete rebuild, of the system by
extracting everything from sql, because DMA was no option.
ccm 3.3.5 was integrated with ad, so upgrading to 4.2 and then upgrading
with DMA was no option for us, as DMA is just not reliable enough. (from
several experiences)
As the not all the enduser stuff could be migrated anyway, a rebuilt with
the extracted data was our best and fastest option.
Migration scenario was trunk between old and new cluster, as big bang was
not possible ( 100+ vg248`s). and DN`s spreadout through everywhere.
We were able to dynamically migrate end-users from the old to the new
cluster, keeping features and apps like voicemail and ipccx, and attendant
application (3rd party), and billing app.

wherever possible i try to avoid using DMA, as i just cannot rely on it.
also if i quote projects like these, i just can`t afford the lost hours/days
and sometimes weeks because of faulty DMA behaviour. (unfortunately from
experience)

However, after upgrading the complete environment, i cannot say i have had
any issues worth mentioning as unstable.

just my 2 cents,

erik