[cisco-voip] cisco sip 3911 phones and others and siemens high path 4k pbx

Ellington, Chris Chris.Ellington at inin.com
Tue Aug 12 08:26:43 EDT 2008

My experience says the answer is "sort of" - the 79X0 series phones have
a generic SIP load, which is different than the callmanager SIP load and
the generic load works fine, in most cases.  The 79x1's DO NOT seem to
have a generic load and WILL NOT work with generic SIP providers.

I would test heavily before recommending Cisco as a SIP phone with non
call manager PBXs.

chris