[cisco-voip] CER Questions

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:35:02 EDT 2008

Steve--

I've only installed 1.3.x but it's pretty similar I think.

1.  I've always had someone want a call, so I'm not sure.
2.  the process is CER does a SNMP to the switches and gets all the phone
names (sep......) then then SNMPs CM for the remainder of the info.  Once it
has this it can route calls accordingly.
3. I think it depends.  I have it in a school so we set it up for twice
daily.  after school and mid way through school.  if for some reason a phone
got moved it only has the chance of about 4 hours to not be sync'd which was
fine for the SD.  If you move phones often, I would do it more, but remember
it is taking CPU cycles to do it.

Scott