[cisco-voip] 7961 hook switch faulty?

Robert rsingleton at morsco.com
Tue Aug 12 18:01:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 16:17 -0500, Madziarczyk, Jonathan wrote:

> I’ve got about 150-200 Cisco 7961 phones in use right now.  Out of
> those, I have had to take about 15-20 of these out of production
> either because the hook switch just stopped responding altogether in
> less than a year, or never worked right out of the box.  (Those little
> orange shipping tabs completely ruin the phone)

I have 112 in service with no failures so far. I do have a dozen or so
bad switchook 7960's (out of about 1000 in service) that are all old
enough to be out of warranty.

Then again, I have about 40 new 7961's, the ones in the smaller box,
that I have just started deploying, so I'll keep my eyes open for such
failures....

Robert