[cisco-voip] Unable to install new Subscriber into existing cluster

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Thu Aug 14 06:11:07 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Another interesting feature we've run into here.

We have an existing Call Manager cluster running ES 6.1.2.1108-1 which is all setup and configured.  (Running this ES to fix the problems with EM)

Now I am trying to add a new server into the cluster. The latest Bootable installation media is 6.1.1.2000-3. The install process stops with the error "Configuration validation with SVRCUCMITB01 (172.31.1.2) failed.

Configured version 6.1.1.2000-3 does not match the version at 172.31.1.2.

-          Is SVRCUCMITB01 the correct first node for this node?"

(What happens if I have a cluster of 3 servers that have been in place for 3 years and want to add new subscribers??? Do I have to take a backup and rebuild ALL servers?)

Cheers
Dana

 - NOTICE FROM DIMENSION DATA AUSTRALIA
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.