[cisco-voip] CCM/CU vs CCME/CUE

John Ramz sforcejr at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 18:16:44 EDT 2008

In this company there is already one site with Cisco Call Manager Express/Cisco Unity Express. They have a 2851 router (max 96 users).

We are getting quotes for CCM and CU to replace CCME/CUE and extend VOIP to the rest of the locations(3). The price of the full blown solution is very expensive. We also learned that the Licenses on the phones do not transfer from CCME to CCM. I have been thinking if we should just get CCME for the other locations and connect them all in a multisite design.

What would be the main disadvantages of doing this opposed to going with a CCM/CU solution?

What features are we losing if we decide to go that route?

Any ideas about mixing the two?

Addt Info: Main location: 130 users, site A: 40 users, Site B: 35 users, Site, C:45 users

Thanks

John