[cisco-voip] Fast Dials CM 6.1.2

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:58:37 EDT 2008

There has always been a login requirement for fastdials; not
necessarily for security but because the PAB is tied to a user whereas
the abbr dials are tied to a device. It's just that you were able to
program in the credentials via an IP Service.

The old 4.x functionality is somewhat restored in the latest patches
to 6.1.2.  See CSCso28287 for details.

You're still SOL if you used the prefix parameter.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:
> I seen this thread from Jonathon and I'm thinking the same think!!!!
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/82402
>
> Why would my people log into Fast dials number when there is nothing with
> abbr dials to secure that?!?  NO I'm not asked for that as a feature.... I
> am asking to remove the Fast dial log in!
>
> And http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/91439
>
> States that PAB and Fast dials should have worked going from 4.x to 6.1.2 so
> I'd like to state for the record it does not....unless I've done something
> wrong or it's because I'm AD integrated.
>
> Scott

kris seraphine