[cisco-voip] Modems and GFI Fax maker with VG224

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Thu Jul 3 03:59:57 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with analogue services off a VG224 (SCCP) to UCM 6.1

The standalone FAX machines work ok but the FAX application behind a few modems does not work at all. The application is GFI FAX maker with 3 standalone modems.

There is a PRI E1 connecting to a H323 gateway, up to Call manager, then out to the VG224 to the modems and GFI FAX Maker.
The VG224 and H323 gateway have default configuration. I had tried FAX pass-through and modem pass-through but that stopped all services working.

The customer is going to try to slow down the baudrate on the modems but I'm not sure if that will fix it. Do we need to try the VG224 with MGCP?
Would it be best if these type of services were on a dedicated PSTN line?

Thanks
Dana

 - NOTICE FROM DIMENSION DATA AUSTRALIA
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.