[cisco-voip] CCM6 and CUE call progress tones

Ilya Rubinchik ilya.rubinchik at abrisdc.com
Fri Jul 4 08:01:21 EDT 2008

Hi, All!

I have a strange problem with SIP trunks between CCM and Unity Express. CUE installed into 3825-voice and integrated into CCM using JTAPI.

Call comes from SIP to that 3825 and is being redirected to CCM6 to CUE's AutoAttendant. That works OK, AA answers using my custom script, catches DTMF extension and redirects call to CCM using that extension.
All works OK, except one thing -  while call is redirected to extension, external caller is not hearing RING tones, just confusing silence until call is answered on the IP phone.

When I'm calling from internal IP phone to AA's extension and my call is being redirected to another extension - I hearing the RING tone, all works fine.

The call flow looks like this:

SIP provider *     3825      *    CCM6.0(1)
                                  + CUE

What to check?

Kind regards,

--