[cisco-voip] About DMA // Upgrade from 4.1 to 6.1

Frazee, Timothy Timothy_Frazee at adp.com
Sun Jul 6 23:34:08 EDT 2008

Install of DMA requires reboot. Make sure you do the right DMA for the
right version of 6 (6.1(1a) vs. 6.1(2) )

If you don't clean up CDR beforehand, its pretty hard on the proc, but I
don't believe it stops and services. With the CPU thinking that hard on
something different than ccm.exe, the subscribers might think the pub is
offline.

One thing I noticed was if I had the same config in 4.2.x vs. 4.1.3, the
same DMA to 6.1(1a) would report certain things as a problem in 4.1 and
wouldn't even mention them in 4.2. really weird.