[cisco-voip] SRST Newbie Question

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Mon Jul 7 08:04:05 EDT 2008

Unless you have a firmware version mismatch, you do not need to download
the phone firmware over and over again, so I'd say there's no burning
need to provide the firmware files through tftp.

Configuration files are provided through tftp, that may be more
important, however, the SRST router can act as a tftp server, and will
generate the cnf files on its own if configured.

Also, functionality of the phone in SRST mode depends on the SRST and
not by the existance (or lack of) a tftp server. As far as I understood,
a CME/SRST mode offers much more functionality for example, than a SRST
only mode.

regards,
  Zoltan