[cisco-voip] Site Code -- Dial Plan

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:57:44 EDT 2008

Akaal singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a few clusters cross the global, within each site we are using 4
> digit extension. We want to call each site using extension, 4 digit will not
> work for us. so thinking of using Site code for each location. So if I have
> a exterension 5568 in location A to call it from location B I would dial
> 315568. 31 will be the site code for location A. How would I go by setting
> this up.

Are you going to route your calls over IP or over the PSTN?

If it's over IP, then couldn't you renumber your phones at site 31 to be
31xxxx?

If it's over PSTN, then what we did was setup translation patterns.  In
our case we have 31.XXXX as a TP, where we do Discard Digits PreDot and
Prefix Digits as 91212987

That way if you dial 315568 your outgoing number becomes 912129875568
and it's handled by your normal route patterns.