[cisco-voip] Upgrading CCM 3.3 to 4.3

Krzysztof cshyshtof at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:42:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have MCS-7835H-2400-EVV1 with CCM 3.3(4) running on it. The server
is equipped with 1GB of RAM and two 36GB disks configured as RAID1+0.
Now, I would like to upgrade this CCM to 4.3. According to hardware
requirements I need 2GB of RAM and 72GB of disk space (due to
switchover from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003). Adding RAM is rather
easy task, but I am concerned about disks. Cisco says this MCS
supports 4.3, so I assume it also supports extending filesystems to
72GB, but I may be wrong. What I would like to do is to break existing
RAID1+0 and create single, logical 72GB filesystem from those two
disks. Then I would add two more 36GB disks and create second 72GB
filesystem, which will be used to mirror the primary ones. This is
theory. The problem is that I haven't found anywhere on CCO any
procedure how to perform such hardware upgrade. Is it possible to do
it? Has anyone tried that?

Cheers,
Krzysztof