[cisco-voip] Freeing up DSPs

keli at carocomp.ro keli at carocomp.ro
Wed Jul 9 18:55:22 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

The bad news is, what you saw in  the sh in ser output is just what
you're supposed to see on a voice E1, since that line is timeslots used
for signaling (or data or something like that).

I've just checked it with three different E1 lines I have around: a
fractional voice E1, a full voice E1 and a data link. Both voice
circuits show the same thing,
... Timeslot(s) Used:16 ...
the data circuit shows
... Timeslot(s) Used:1-31 ...

So this, by itself this is not a measure whether you have a full or a
fractional E1 voice circuit.

#sh isdn service should show you the channels in use, but that of course
will show outofservice for those channels you removed from the
configuration yourself.

Since where I have fractional E1 I have it configured as such too, I'm
not sure how it should show up if you have fractional from the provider,
but configured it as a full E1.

Also, shutting down 16 channels could be nasty, if you have full E1 and
the provider is sending the calls in top-down channel order :)

best regards,
   Zoltan