[cisco-voip] sending phones to SRST router during WAN link up

Matthew Saskin matt at saskin.net
Thu Jul 10 07:51:10 EDT 2008

MGCP or H.323 gateway?

If the former, you can put an ACL in to get phones to register with the
gateway, but until the PRI goes into mgcp-fallback mode there will be no
PSTN connectivity.  The PRI going into mgcp-fallback mode will affect
all calls at the site (for phones that don't register to the gateway)

For an H.323 gateway as long as your phones register with the gateway
(ACL to block traffic to CM or otherwise) they should be able to make
calls from SRST mode.

-matt