[cisco-voip] NM-16ESW-PWR

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Fri Jul 11 13:12:28 EDT 2008

Does the 3725 router require a special power supply to support the
NM-16ESW-PWR?   I'm having difficulty powering 7940/7960 phones with inline
power.  The "show diag" command displays both the NM-16ESW and the PWR
daughter card.  CDP is enabled and inline power is set to auto.  I've
slotted the NM in two different 3725 routers and inline power is not
working.  I suspected a faulty PWR daughter card  but I would then I
wouldn't expect to see the PWR in the "show diag" output.  I've also tried
re-seating the PWR daughter card.  Ethernet switch functionality works fine.

Regards,

Mark