[cisco-voip] Attendant Console DialRules.xml file?

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:19:58 EDT 2008

Does anyone have any sample of using this file for directory number
modification?

I found 1 cisco page which has a example but it does not really fit my
need and I'm not able to find a full document describing all the
options for this file, or how it can be used in detail.
I opened a TAC Case but they said they can not help me, because TAC
does not work on XML files?  They said I needed a developer level
contract.

What I am trying to do is modify a number like 312-123-4567 which is
the format in the active directory for some numbers, and take the last
4 numbers and prefix a 8 on to the front so the number AC calls from
the directory is 84567.

I also have some users telephone numbers that are entered like
(312)123-4567 and need to do same with those somehow.

Also, have some international locations so need to be able to do
similar with a number like +44 1234 41234 and do similar.

If it can't be done in Attendant Console, is there a way in Call
Manager to cover dashes in numbers, parenthesis, spaces, etc and take
the last x digits and put prefix on?

I know we can make a text file for the directory, but there are
thousands of users. Other then correcting the entries in AD for
peoples phone numbers to make them in a format call manager likes, any
other solutions?  We're doing speed dials now for people they call
often.