[cisco-voip] Multiple CallManager Groups and Registration?

Weigand, John V. jvw at medicineforthedefense.com
Mon Jul 14 13:12:00 EDT 2008

Serious Medicine for the Defense R

We've been having issues over the past several months with our WAN
connection going down, and all of our phones at the remote office trying
to register and run across our backup 10meg line, which of course isn't
making things very happy. When our system was setup by our VAR, they
configured us to have one CallManager (CCM5.1) group, with a publisher
at the remote office, and the subscriber here at the main office.

Is it possible to split that out into two groups? What I'm looking at
doing is having both groups set to register to the subscriber here at
the main office, and in the event of a WAN issue, manually changing
priority on one group to register the phones directly to the publisher.
Would that work at all? How much of an overhaul would it be to split one
group into two? Would it even work, would changing the registration
priority cause the phones to automatically re-register?

Thanks.

John V. Weigand
Help Desk Support/Executive Support

Litigation Management, Inc.
300 Allen-Bradley Drive
Suite 200
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124

Tel: 440-484-2000
Fax: 440-484-2009
Cell:
email: jvw at medicineforthedefense.com

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information in this electronic mail is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential material and may be protected under law by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended receiver is prohibited. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this electronic e-mail or by calling (800) 778-5424. Please delete it from your computer. Thank you.