[cisco-voip] AvCsNodeMgr Unable to Connect to SQL Server on Local Host - error 0x80040000

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Tue Jul 15 02:42:35 EDT 2008

Sure, I've seen it when there is a duplicate SQL SPN for one of the two
Unity servers. Use Enterprise Manager and verify on both servers that you
can register each server as per:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/Cisco_Unity_4.x_failover_server_shows_the_%3FAvCsNodeMgr_unable_to_connect_to_SQL_Server_on_LocalHost_warning_message_in_the_event_viewer

If you receive an error about 'unable to generate SSPI context', it is
likely a duplicate SPN, google around for the solution. Otherwise, if they
register successfully, as per the above link, it is likely a cosmetic issue.