[cisco-voip] 7937 on CME

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Tue Jul 15 08:44:06 EDT 2008

Christopher,

You can also run 12.4(15)XZ, which is a BU (Business Unit) release under the 12.4(15)T train.  That being said, I would trust the releases under the T train more than the BU's.  Most likely there are no substantial changes between 12.4(20)T and 12.4(15)XZ concerning the operation of CME.  However, the regression testing performed on the T train is much longer and involved than that of the BU's.  The BU's are allowed to brought to market much quicker features sake.  However, after checking out the open caveats between releases, you might be better off going with 12.4(15)XZ1.

To answer your original question though, 12.4(15)XZ is the oldest code you can run it on.  There are a lot of useful features that were introduced in 7.0/4.3, octo lines, xfer to voicemail, and some hunt group changes.

Here is the relevant information you'll need to get the 7937 working in CME 4.3/7.0:

tftp-server flash:phone/7937/apps37sccp.1-1-1-1.bin alias apps37sccp.1-1-1-1.bin

telephony-service
load 7937 apps37sccp.1-1-1-1

ephone-type 7937
device-id 431
device-name Cisco 7937 Conference
num-buttons 1
max-presentation 1

ephone 20
device-security-mode none
mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
type 7937
button 1:23

You'll also need to do a factory reset using **1.

-ryan