[cisco-voip] VT Advantage Camera ?

TechGuy techguy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:14:08 EDT 2008

I seem to recall that it use to be that the Cisco VT Advantage camera,
first version anyway would only work with the VT Advantage software.
Then they later released the second version of the camera and it can
actually be used by other software like Skype and MS Communicator.

The question is does anyone know if other cameras can be used with VT Advantage?

Cisco hasn't really progressed there camera hardware as much as the
consumer camera's from Logitech and MS and others.  Alot of the
consumer cameras offer significantly higher resolution and quality
these days then what the VT Camera II offers.

I was looking at providing a few VP/VIP's some better cameras because
they are looking into doing video messages and blogs internally,
especially once we get the digital media system / enterprise tv
products from Cisco.

It would be nice to have them use one camera for both video calls, and
for their video messages and such.  But if only the VT Camera II will
work with VT Advantage software then I am stuck with two cameras.

I thought I would ask before going out and buying just to test myself.

Thanks!