[cisco-voip] OT: Any one using Adtran at the access Layer?

Joe Cisco smetsysocsic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:59:28 EDT 2008

The only non-cisco switches i've ever seen successfully work with
Cisco phones were made by Enterasys. We have a client using
exclusively Enterasys switches across their entire enterprise - access
/ core - everything. When properly configured they successfully
negotiate CDP with the phones and split the voice traffic into the
voice vlan and PC/data traffic into the data vlan if a PC is plugged
into the back of the phone.

They were about 1/2 the price of equivalent cisco gear. Having said
that, i'd still personally pony up the extra cash for the cisco gear
if it were up to me.

-Joe C.