[cisco-voip] Emergency Response Location Mapping

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jul 17 20:26:02 EDT 2008

You should not send calls to 911 out a gateway in an area that is serviced by a different PSAP, especially if it is in a different area code. As far as I know calls to 911 are only 7 digits (this is what I have been told) and if you send a 911 call out a gateway in an area with a different area code, it might actually end up showing up with the wrong address.

You can use calling search spaces to force phones/lines to grab a different 911 route pattern that uses a particular external calling mask which is a 1FL at that location. With only four, it should be pretty painless.

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt