[cisco-voip] Emergency Response Location Mapping

Matthew Saskin matt at saskin.net
Fri Jul 18 12:08:28 EDT 2008

Specific to what was mentioned before, you can configure ERL information
as switchport descriptions on your access layer switches.  In turn, CER
can poll these switches via SNMP to associate a port (and the MAC of the
phone) to the specific ERL for call routing.

Realistically, unless you are in a large campus serviced by different
PSAP's, etc., CER is likely overkill.  A single POTS line at each
location and separate 9.911 route patterns should suffice.

-matt