[cisco-voip] Emergency Response Location Mapping

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 17:21:05 EDT 2008

a year or so ago I installed for one of my districts and installed CER. so
I'm aware of the cost (which seem pretty resonable, being cisco) and the
reaccuring cost is just the PS-ALI cost (above smartnet) I'm thinking the
red sky and others have a higher out of pocket cost.

we are almost entirely DID to ever phone so I'm not apposed to changing the
last 20 phones to DID if that would fix my  E911 issues with people moving
phones from one location to another.

But I have a question, what is 911 going to think when they get an out of
area number at the 911 center?  are they just going to forward it to the
other 911 center even though that person is in there 911 foot print?

Scott