[cisco-voip] 7961G won't boot

James Edmondson biged7600 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:41:08 EDT 2008

Upon plugging the phone in, press and hold the # key until the 6 line lights
are blinking amber in an top down manner

Then you can enter 123456789*0# to do a facotry reset

or

you can enter:

#3491672850*#  however if you do that, it will take about 20 to 25 minutes
for the phone to reload and pull the correct files needed.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Dan Letkeman <danletkeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 7961G that won't boot up.  It powers on via poe, shows the
> cisco splash screen with the checkmark in the bottom left corner, then
> shows the upgrading screen for a few seconds, then says error on the
> upgrading screen, then goes back to the cisco splash screen and there
> is a circle with a dot in the middle of it on the bottom left corner.
>
> Is there anyway to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan.

James