[cisco-voip] Temporary failures - FXS - MGCP controlled

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Tue Jul 22 11:35:15 EDT 2008

Hello all..

I'm running into an ongoing problem with an MGCP gateway.  Everything was working as expected until a different VWIC-1MFT-T1 was installed for a site to site connection.  I don't believe that is related, but since then we've had problems with PRI's and lately with FXS HD card where we need to reset each port individually.  At times the router has put strange signaling information on individual ports and even shut them down.

CM is 6.1.2
Router is 12.4(15)T5

Things work after being reset, but the customer is getting a little annoyed with the constant loss of faxes and analog lines.

-ryan