[cisco-voip] Simple VOIP question: Switch related

Matthew Linsemier MLinsemier at apcapital.com
Tue Jul 22 13:57:16 EDT 2008

Do you have CDP enabled on the switch?  Cisco phones use CDP voice vlan
functionality.

Matt

On 7/22/08 1:00 PM, "Jeff Cartier" <jcartier at acs.on.ca> wrote:

> I¹m having the worst time trying to figure out a problem.
>
> The issue is that a 7912 phone seems to be getting an IP address in the data
> subnet.  We¹ve tried two configurations on the switchport level and neither
> are workingŠ
>
> Interface fa0/1
> switchport mode access
> switchport voice vlan 2
> srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20
> priority-queue out
> mls qos trust cos
> auto qos voip trust
> spanning-tree portfast
>
> AND/OR
>
> Interface fa0/1
> Switchport mode trunk
> switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
> switchport voice vlan 2
> srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20
> priority-queue out
> mls qos trust cos
> auto qos voip trust
> spanning-tree portfast
>
> And yet the phone keeps receiving an IP address in the data subnet.
>
> We¹ve verified the following:
> - helper-address on the router
> - correct DHCP scope

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.