[cisco-voip] Help:Proposing hardware, software and licesnsing

James Buchanan jbuchanan at ctiusa.com
Fri Jul 25 07:42:09 EDT 2008

Hello,

For 3), you will need DLUs (device licenses).

For 4), don't forward to configure this with voice code and DSPs.

For 5), I'd stay far away from the CE-500 switches. The CPU utilization
goes through the roof when under load.

For IPCC Express, you will need an additional MCS.

As far as Unity versus Unity Connection, it really depends upon the
number of mailboxes and depends on whether or not you need to integrate
with Microsoft Exchange or Domino for unified messaging. If you do not
have this need, Unity Connection is the way to go.

Of course, this is without any knowledge of the number of phones needed
for your organization.

Thanks,

James