[cisco-voip] Fwd: volume 1 section 4 of study guide. ICT / SIP trunk

Michael Thompson mthompson729 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 11:51:20 EDT 2008

 I'm looking through the proctors guide on the explanation of the IPIPGW and
there's one piece that doesn't make sense.

Task 4.9 has you create both an H.323 (non-GK) ICT to the IPIPGW, that part
make sense.

what confuses me is why we're creating  SIP trunk on CCM if traffic from BR2
should be coming via the IPIPGW.  shouldn't that IPIPGW be translating the
traffic from SIP to H.323?  I could see if it was GK controlled ip calls,
then the traffic comes across as native SIP, but this seems odd to me.

anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
Mike