[cisco-voip] Rewritten CCMUSER in AXL

Bill Simon bills at psu.edu
Tue Jul 29 10:03:47 EDT 2008

I wanted to share with the list the approach we are taking.

We decided that our inexperience with AXL would require a significant
ramp-up that may not be needed anyway.  The CCMUser site in CUCM 6 is
attractive and functional and does all that we need.

I wrote a PHP reverse proxy that uses our single sign-on system to
gather the user's ID and then posts credentials to CUCM and from there
proxies pages back to the user, filtering some links as necessary to
keep the user in the confines of the reverse proxy.  This works.  The
danger here is that Cisco redesigns the CCMUser site in a big way and
the whole thing has to be rewritten.

A better approach that we are hoping will work out is to do LDAP
integration.  We use OpenLDAP as a directory and authorization system
only (NO AUTHENTICATION) which complicates things quite a lot.  In the
end, we see LDAP integration as being a better solution because it will
allow users access to other functions as well, such as the softphone client.