[cisco-voip] no QoS solution in WAN with L2VPN over FR!!!

Matthew Linsemier MLinsemier at apcapital.com
Tue Jul 29 11:21:36 EDT 2008

Not sure if it would fit your need (or even work due to the multiple PVC¹s),
but could you apply a inbound CBFWQ on the Ethernet interface of the device?
You could at least make sure that voice traffic is prioritized before being
passed on to the other interfaces and then sent out to the FR cloud.  The
only issue is that you couldn¹t do it on a per-interface basis, but it may
still help as you could segregate voice from everything else.

Matt

On 7/29/08 10:00 AM, "Djokic Sinisa" <sdjokic at mds.rs> wrote:

> hi nikola..
>

> well..
>

> 1. yup..i trid everything, including CBFWQ, LLQ, FRTS, GTS, but nothing works
> in the scenario where IP address is on BVI and ofcourse everything works when
> IP address is on PVC subinf
> 2. i didn't try that but as i can see qos pre-clasify isn't supported on BVI
> interface - actually we just need to enable QoS on the egress of branch office
> router and enable priority for voice for example, what happens in FR cloud
> isn't  important in this moment
>

> thanx..
>
> regards..
>

> P.S.
>
> pozdrav !!!

> Sinisa Djokic
> System Engineer
> CCNP,CCDA,CQS-CWLDS,CS-CIPTDS,CS-CIPCCES Cisco Certified
>

>           MDS Informaticki inzenjering
>  Bul. Arsenija Carnojevica 170
>  11070 Novi Beograd, Serbia
>  Tel: +381 11 2015 200, 2015 273
>  Fax: +381 11 3194 954
>  www.mds.rs <http://www.mds.rs>
>  sdjokic at mds.rs

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.