[cisco-voip] adjust volume vic2-4fxo

Michael Thompson mthompson729 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:54:45 EDT 2008

To make inbound calls louder, on the FXO Port itself, type 'input gain X'.
positive numbers make it louder and lower (negative) make it quieter.

Counter-intuitive to that is for 'output attenuation X', higher numbers make
output quieter (attenuation is a dampening/loss of signal) and lower
(negative) numbers make it louder.

You REALLY have to watch about over driving the signal though.  That's where
you could cause static and echo issues.

MT