[cisco-voip] FYI: VMware ESXi is now free

Michael Thompson mthompson729 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:45:10 EDT 2008

Exactly, and that's how I ended up on Server 2008.  tried vista x64 and ran
into a bunch of PITA problems.

Once everything came out in the wash as far as Windows overhead, I ended up
with somewhere between 3.2 and 3.4Gb or RAM.

Long story short, after my lab attempt next week I'm probably going to
migrate this box to dual boot XP (for gaming and cheesy stuff like that) and
Ubuntu (or some other simple open source Linux) for the VM pieces.