[cisco-voip] Subsquent node

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:04:29 EDT 2008

If the problem is in the rhosts, sqlhosts etc you will need TAC to
root into the box and correct the problem.  You create an account for
them using the utils remote_account command from the CLI.

You can see the contents of these files by going to
https://<publisher>/cucreports and running the Unified CM Status
report.  It will show you the contents of these files for each CM it
can communicate with.  This would let you verify if this is the
problem on the publisher.  I'm not aware of a way to view these files
from the CLI.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had CMPUB and CMSUB in my 4.1 enviroment.
>
> Installed CM 6.1 with CM1 with the DMA..
>
> Brought up the second Node as CM2.
>
> Deleted CMSUB from the CM1 config and added CM2. (still have a Node license
> available)
>
> Now I get the error, "Connection to the server cannot be established
> (unknown Error)" when trying to start the services on CM2
>
> Need to have TAC do what?
>
> I just reinstalled CM2 per TACs request.
>
> Scott
> SR 609213575
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:
>>
>> if you are reusing the same IP and just changing the name you are going to
>> need some TAC assistance.  cluster manager does not properly clean up hosts,
>> rhosts, sqlhosts for all the references to the old name.
>>
>> /Wes
>>
>> Scott Voll wrote:
>>
>> I have a new cluster I'm bring up with 6.1.2 with a DMA from 4.1.3.
>>
>> 1st Node came up fine.
>>
>> I'm installing on new HW so I called them different names
>>
>> once the pub was up and I got my licensing I deleted the old sub name and
>> put in the new Sub name
>>
>> now when trying to start the services on the Sub I get Connection to the
>> server cannot be established (unknown error)
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> I have a TAC ticket open
>>
>> Scott

kris seraphine