[cisco-voip] how can I block phone numbers

Joe Cisco smetsysocsic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:41:23 EDT 2008

If you are talking outbound, there are several ways to do it. You can create
a specific route pattern with the exact number you wish to block and under
the ROUTE OPTION field, mark the radio button next to "block this pattern"
and select CALL REJECTED in the dropdown box. Put that route pattern in the
same partition as the partition used to control calls to whatever type of
call you are blocking- LD, Local, etc. If there are multiple numbers, you
can create a route filter with multiple clauses listing the different
numbers you wish to block. We do this and use a route filter to block 900
numbers, off shore numbers, telescam numbers, etc.

-Joe C.