[cisco-voip] Unity UM - installed domain deleted

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Mon Jun 9 14:30:08 EDT 2008

We are dealing with a Unity 4.1(1.0) UM server that has been orphaned from its domain.  The original domain was completely removed and there is no way to restore at this point.  The customer is completely without VM at the present.  I was planning on using DiRT to complete a backup before I started trying any type of migration, but Unity needs to be online for this and it will not start.   The customer has also requested an upgrade of Unity.

Since DiRT did not work, I used Cobras to perform an export and it seems to have gathered all the names, prompts, and directory handlers.  Based on the information above, should I just install with the latest plat DVD, join their new domain, install Unity 5.0(1) UM and attempt the re-import with the built in mapping tool, to take into an account any alias changes, that comes with Cobras?

Another thought I had was to extend the schema of their current domain, join the current server to their new domain, re-establish permissions, verify integration, and then upgrade to Unity 5.0(1).

Thanks!

-ryan